27 April 2007

zen and the art of motorcycle riding


i can ride a motorcycle. i learned this weekend. i am an overly confident, yet safe, driver. on my first solo jaunt i realized that along with sunday drives, video games are a missed dimension of my life (i don't lose sleep over it, but still). winding on mountain roads, level one. level two, manuevering around gigantic trucks. level three, up the speeds, increase turns and hills. penultimate level, the early bazaar. final level: library bazaar, the pavement of champions. ponies, horses, bike rickshaws, tourists, darting children. champion. she shoots, she scores, she parks, and she drops the bike on top of herself and needs two indian men to come lift it off.


however, i've got to say, i love what the moto brings out in me. i feel like a damn woman warrior. even when i stall on a hill, i am the picture of cool, calm and collected. i might even take back my previous statement concerning the learning process. maybe it doesn't suck, after all.

3 comments:

molly g. said...

you go, girl. p.s. i hate vanilla sky.

p.p.s. when are you coming home?

Anonymous said...

Courtney,
Hey my name is Chris. If I have read your blog correctly you teach social studies at Woodstock School. I am anticipating a job offer as early as tomorrow to teach Chemistry at Woodstock for the next 2 years. So please with all honesty, has is been a pleasurable experience teaching there? I am a little older than you (32), from the US, and am looking forward to seeing a lot of the surrounding area. Is it possible to get away to see things? I have tons of questions so anything you can offer would be wonderful. I know they are looking for a social studies teacher for next year, your not going back I take it. Anyway, I guess that is it for now. Any info. you can offer would be wonderful. I guess you can drop me a line at cgehard@hotmail.com Thanks

Anonymous said...

I have read a lot more of your blogs. Seems like a wonderful place. Also it seems like you have a pretty fun crew to hang out with there. Again, any info would be great.
Chris