17 April 2006

what typhoid means to me


that should be read in the tone of one of those elementary school essay assignments, "what world peace means to me" or "what a mother is to me." i digress (and so early in the post!). well, if you can already tell, one thing typhoid means is being a little wingy. i am currently at school on the monday of quarter break. i guess i am doing a bit of a test run to see if i can come back to work tomorrow. thus far, i am not impressed with my mental faculties.

typhoid means spending a (surprisingly) blissful week at home reading amazing books (may i recommend the kite runner and the way of the peaceful warrior), watching movies and cooking delectable meals for one (for a lot of people, typhoid means a loss of appetite. that is one thing that no disease can rob from this self-proclaimed glutton). reveling in expensive international phonecalls while eating ice cream and oreos. playing the guitar. moving furniture outside to read in the sun.

at first i was somewhat devestated that i could not go to delhi with my friends for quarter break. but some time to just be (remember those annoying calvin klein ads from junior high for ck one?) ended up being wonderful. it just goes to show... (i don't really know what it goes to show, but definitely something).

2 comments:

Izzy said...

happy (another fragrance ad [from clinique], which i have i might add). glad to hear it. however, i hope that you are not only happy, but also healthy. for without health, life can be shitty (note, i normally don't swear, but i felt shitty was a good word in your case due to the intestinal moochers you've been hauling around).

to being happy and not feeling shitty,
isaac

p.s. thanks for the cd. i am listening right....now!

Anonymous said...

Okay... I really want to see the pictures of the monkeys... I guess I can wait patiently while you quit being a walking medical phenom! You know med students would love to poke and prod at you. On another note - are you really sure you're not just living "Oregon Trail" make sure you get good meal rations and keep your pace at a descent tempo. AND AT ALL COSTS - DON'T FORD A RIVER, YOU KNOW YOUR OXEN WILL DIE!! I have an interview this week at St. Thomas to get accepted into their masters program! I figured if I don't take any time off, I'll be a doctor by the time I'm 29. Remember back in the day when we used to talk about all this schooling and think it was impossible. And now we don't ever want to get out!!